Thursday 6 March 2008

6th March 2008

Famous at Last
13'6" High load fully tarped
The Welcome Home Sign
My Dads birthday today (happy birthday Dad), I really hate missing all these family occasions.
Left Valley Nebraska Tuesday late afternoon and made it home for one night on Wednesday. Went back into the yard on Thursday morning to discover it had gone from -10 to -45, with wind chill, overnight. My fuel was gelled up but I managed to get C495 started, added fuel de-icer and left it for an hour to idle. Left the yard at 08.45 and got to Brandon, Manitoba to fuel up at 12.00 and after fuelling discovered my starter motor had decided to give up on me, called the shop and got transferred to a breakdown company. They sent someone to look at it, couldn't do anything so called for a wrecker. Eventually got towed to thier shop at 14.30, I had been blocking the fuel pumps all that time.
Despatch re-powered the load to Saskatoon and sent another truck to drop his empty trailer and take my loaded on. It also meant swapping all our straps and tarps, got a good deal there though.
Truck was repaired again by 18.30 and I had a new load header, load lumber from Neepwa at 08.00 Friday and tip Winnipeg 11.00
Hope they have something else for me after that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you told me, all that time ago, you were looking at moving to Canada I did not realise the ultimate plan was to start your own state and delcare UDI ;) you going to open an embassy in Central Scotland now (big grin)

Ian T

ps Happy Birthday to your dad from us all

Dave Caldwell said...

Thanks Ian, I will pass this on to my Dad.
As far as my own state goes, well lets just say some things are easier here than back in our homeland, look at Ulster!!!!!