Tuesday 18 March 2008

18th March 2008


If only every day went the same as the previous two days. I got to the receiver at 06.40 Monday and BINGO, the gates were already open. Even although I was too early to tip it meant I could get all my tarps and straps off ready. I sent my empty message at 07.45, well back to the truck stop for a couple hours I thought, some breakfast and back to bed. "WRONG". 08.15 and the qualcom went beep, hook loaded trailer at Valley, Nebraska to tip Ste. Julie, Quebec Thursday lunch time. Some of the loads from Valley can be a pain to strap and tarp, the irrigation equipment and the 13'6" high pipes. Well you could have knocked me over with a feather.



That was the sum of my load, 5 steel lighting columns weighing 12,000lbs (less than 5500kg) and they don't even need tarping.


Made good time that afternoon headed off through Iowa towards Illinois and stopped the night at Attalissa. Next morning around Chicago and out towards Indiana and then Michigan.

.

A Huge quarry beside I94

Made it to Detroit by about 15.00 but then took 45 minutes to get through the toll booths, over the "Ambassodor Bridge", through customs and into Windsor, Ontario. Stayed in London (ontario that is) and should make my delivery tomorrow afternoon.

A Bridge Too Far.

A view from the bridge.

No comments: