Thursday 27 March 2008

27th March 2008


Gives new meaning to mobile home

Very sad or extremely bored, you decide.

I have been parked here since 18.00 last night and it is now 10.30 Thursday morning. I am still waiting for a reload. The picture above shows my "qualcom". This is the satellite communication device that keeps me in contact with the office and workshop. All load assignments, load details, shippers address, border crossings and receivers details get sent to you via this system. Only time it doesn't work is when inside a loading dock or under a bridge or tunnel.

This device can be extremely useful at times but also a complete nuisance at others. Today it has been far too quiet, have heard nothing from anyone since yesterday.

At least I have an internet connection, now am I sad or extremely bored????

Gary has booked flights to go back to England for a couple of weeks and has even managed to get booked on the same flight back as my Mum and Dad, they are coming to stay with us for a month, wont be long now!!!!

**UPDATE**

"Start making your way to Regina, will send load assignment asap" was what the message said at 10.50. Arrived in Regina at 12.30 it is now 15.00 and I am still waiting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

strange, does not look like you place in St Helens? :)

Still a good blog but can you re-size the image at the top it takes a long time to down load (gripe)
Ian T