Saturday 19 April 2008

19th April 208

Not a lot to say about this week. Tipped the load of lumber Monday morning at South Junction and ran back to the yard. C495 went in for service Tuesday morning and I eventually got it back Wednesday afternoon. I picked up an empty trailer and went to Winnipeg to load 18 sets of scrap train wheels bound for Burnham, Illinois and then came home for the night.
Three of us bound for the same delivery address left Thursday morning and were tipped by Friday lunch time. My reload was a load of steel from Chicago back to Winnipeg to tip Monday morning and then reload the scrap train wheels again back to Illinois.

2 comments:

Trkrjim said...

have you tried the a "Chicago hot dog" yet? really good. the little sevice plazas on the I294 Tollway have them in them.

Chicago-style hot dog
From Wikipedia,A Chicago-style hot dog is a steamed or boiled all-beef hot dog on a poppy seed bun, which originated in the U.S. city of Chicago, Illinois. The hot dog is topped with mustard, onion, sweet pickle relish (usually neon green), a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, sport peppers, and a dash of celery salt; but never ketchup.[1][2][3] The complete assembly is sometimes called "dragged through the garden" because of the unique combination of condiments. It is taboo to put ketchup on a Chicago hot dog; some hot dog stands don't even stock the condiment.

Dave Caldwell said...

Jim, I have never tried them but I think I may have to sample one or two next week, sounds more appetizing than some of the other junk I buy.