Saturday 12 April 2008

12th April 2008

Got up on Sunday morning to find we were caught in the middle of a snow storm. I decided to leave the truck stop anyway as there were still trucks using the road. The roads were pretty bad and I had the wiper on the drivers side decide to pack up and not work.
We eventually ran out of the storm at Ignace and made it safely back to Steinbach.
I left again Tuesday morning and made my delivery Wednesday morning. My reload was to hook a loaded trailer in Edmonton, tip Red Deer Thursday morning, reload Acheson and tip South Junction, Manitoba on Monday morning.
The loaded trailer was ready and I met Brian there who was picking up another loaded trailer to Red Deer so we helped each other to strap and tarp. Brian was loading at the same place on Thursday so we ran together till Friday afternoon. I get on really well with Brian, we ran together for a couple of days last year (see 15th November 2007), so the time passed very quickly.
I got home at tea time on Friday and don't need to tip till Monday at 07.00 and it's only 60 miles away then it's back to the yard and back home till Tuesday afternnon, my truck is in for a service Tuesday morning.

No comments: