Sunday 3 January 2010






Had a great Christmas at home but it did mean that I would probably be away for New Year, and I was, but at least I got a decent trip out of it.
It was Thursday morning before my load was ready and I had to pick it up in Winnipeg but it was going to Merced, California for delivery Monday 4th. Even better is the reload that is planned for me, San Fernando Ca to Brampton On. That will be 5000 miles by the time I get to Brampton and I wont get there till Saturday if I load Monday.
It is nice to get out of the ice and snow for a while. Temperatures were at -39c Saturday at home and today I am walking around The Flying J in Ripon Ca in my T shirt.
Think the DOT are out to make some revenue this week too, I have had a level 3 inspection at Joliet ND and a level 1 inspection at Truckee Ca and those are the first inspections since joining Penners.

2 comments:

Mick said...

Your lass must be very happy reading about the CA weather, but at least she can stay warm shoveling your drive lol!

The DOT probably know that people sometimes can't or don't do the pre trips as good when it's minus temps, and they might find a few minor faults from those drivers.

Drive safe.

Dave Caldwell said...

They were also paying particular attention to the licence books Mick, beginning of a new year making sure they were all up to date.
Had more snow today so hope its been cleared lol.