Wednesday 25 March 2009

Same trip different Motel
I eventually got loaded on Monday afternoon and headed off over The Blue Water Bridge which takes you from Sarnia, On into Port Huron, Mi. USA Customs are situated just on the other side of the bridge. As I was only transiting through USA to get back into Canada it should have been a breeze to get through, wrong!! 6 Hours later the load was released and I was now allowed to proceed on my merry way, trouble was it was now 11.30 at night and I hadn't eaten since breakfast. I found a garage about 25 minutes later got myself some grub and went to bed, 2 big days should get me home, wrong again.
I was travelling across the upper peninsula in Michigan, stopped at Rapid River for fuel, shower and supper, left there and 15 minutes later my clutch decided to give up.
So here I am in Escanaba, Mi in another Motel still on the same trip that I should have bee home from on Sunday.
Truck should be ready again tomorrow afternoon, hope so patience is wearing very thin.
Have some pictures of Blue Water Bridge and Mackinac Bridge but camera is still in the truck.

8 comments:

Tom said...

You sound like one of these formula 1 drivers that gets put up in hotels every night. Its all right for some! The rest of us still enjoy the comforts of the dreaded tin box....

Dave Caldwell said...

I would much rather be getting in some miles but at least I am getting looked after while the truck is in the shop.

Tom said...

Understandable. I was only jesting.

Graham Parks said...

Some trips are just jinxed from the outset,, smile and just soldiar on....look on the bright side they might get you a new truck..lol

Anonymous said...

We learned very quickly not to make plans, but hope you get back to your family soon mate.

Drive safe.

Dave Caldwell said...

Its ok Tom, I know. 6 days layover on an 11 day trip that is no joke though lol

Dave Caldwell said...

I would rather keep this one now Graham, just getting all the teething problems out the way.

Dave Caldwell said...

Thanks Mick, made it back for a quick stop eventually.