Monday 12 January 2009

Snow

More Snow

Making a delivery at Humboldt Sk


#155 in need of a bath



Icicles in Illinois
It's been a few days since I last posted and have been kept busy. I left for Edmonton on Monday and made the delivery on Tuesday. There were some loads of Nitric Acid to be picked up in Washington state but as I don't have my "FAST" (Free And Secure Trade) card I couldn't do any of them so it was decided I should go south to Fort Macleod Ab and do a trailer change with a driver on his way up to Edmonton with one of these loads and he could take my empty tank straight back.
The weather turned pretty nasty and I had to wait till the following day before he turned up. After unloading the acid I got a reload of Tallow (animal fat) with one delivery in Saskatoon and one in Humboldt then back to the yard empty.
I left the next morning with an empty trailer to go and load in Kankakee, Illinois. I was running short of hours by the time I got there and only had 9 hours available for today but 12 tomorrow so that will get me home again.
I have been invited for my interview with US Customs and Border Protection to complete my "FAST" application process. I was able to arrange this at Pembina, ND so I can do it on the way back into Canada tomorrow but they could only see me at 10.30 so a 3.30 start in the morning to get there on time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok so what is the "FAST" ? and I will never complain about English weather again !!! coold

Dave Caldwell said...

Ian, "FAST" is Free And Secure Trade. What it means is that as a driver I have already been pre-approved, by both American and Canadian border protection, for movement between the two countries.

Anonymous said...

would have been good if i had read the blog first ;) ah me never learn.