Tuesday 6 May 2008

6th May 2008

Went in today and completed all the remaining paperwork for health cover etc. Then went to see Adolf who is fleet maintenance coordinator and we went and checked over the truck. Got issued with tool kit, ppe and all the equipment I need to carry out my job. This is my new ride in the pic above.
Start work for real tomorrow and will shadow Ken, at least for tomorrow. Most of the places we go are regular loads and deliveries so I will find myself running with one of the other drivers a lot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see the back for the Green truck Dave, wasn't doing your image any good!

Just need a little red and blue on the new one! :)

IW

Dave Caldwell said...

Yes the green did take some getting used to, I would struggle to get to sleep some nights and then have nightmares ;0)

Trkrjim said...

I wouldn't take a thing down, canada is a free country too right? I have never given notice to any trucking company that I was Leaving, Just "when I get back tomorrow i'm done". see yaa. Most of the time after you give notice they don't want you driving their truck anyway and will either not dispatch you or jerk you around as much as possible. I guess it just depends on how much they think you will put up with. Personally I have never managed to stay on with a common carrier for more than a year. I work for a private carrier hauling our own stuff and it is night and day different. good luck.

Dave Caldwell said...

Jim, I have no intention of removing anything, I thought this was Canada not communist Russia in the 70's and 80's. I am really enjoying the friendliness and good vibes at the new company, also a private carrier hauling their own stuff.