Monday 5 May 2008

5th May 2008


Went into Big Freight today and handed everything back that belonged to them. Went straight from there to Hytek to see Carol and get a start date. Carol asked if I could come back in the afternoon for a test drive.
From there I went to the border at Emerson to change my work permit and then back to Hytek.
Passed my road test in the truck I will be allocated, a 2007 International 9400i with a 50ft tri-axle Cornhusker hopper bottom trailer, not the Mack with super B's that I had first been told. All the trucks even have CB's and inverters already fitted, I just need to move in. I will be working with Jason, my driver trainer when I first arrived in Canada and now good friend. He had this truck for a couple of weeks before me so it is absolutely spotless
Tomorrow I am going back to Hytek to finish the paperwork and red tape and officially start work on Wednesday.
The dog hasn't been very well the last few days but has started to pick up a little today and has started eating again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

like the new top photo where is it?
every success in your new job

prayers for all
ian

Dave Caldwell said...

Hi Ian, it's a view of "The Rockies" when going from Alberta to British Columbia on Trans Canada Highway 1.