Wednesday 3 March 2010

I got to the repair shop at 13.40 yesterday for a 14.00 appointment. I was now losing coolant at a steady drip coming from the hose in the picture I posted yesterday. I checked in at the service desk and told them what the problem was, then waited and waited and waited.
The truck was eventually pulled into the shop at 16.00 and by 17.00 they were able to tell me it was the top hose and clamp that were leaking, well done Einstein, but they didn't have any in stock.
They were able to get some ordered for that day and I finally left there at 20.30 but of course now my reload had gone.
I am spending another day in Calgary now but loading at 19.00 tonight back to Winnipeg to deliver Friday morning.

4 comments:

Hil said...

Hi Dave,

It's really awful how long it takes to repair this little things.
Are they that busy in that shop that they can't look quicker to your truck?

Gr. Hil

Dave Caldwell said...

They seemed to be but it is still very poor customer service when you make an appointment only to be seen two hours late.

Graham Parks said...

We sent one of our trucks to get an oil change and grease up. With an appoint ment i might add. He waited an hour was then told to got to bay 3, he did, in the next 2 hours the hood was opened and the new filters laid next to the truck. He went and complained, "if nothing is done in 10 mins he will leave, they came out dumped the oil and left him another 75 mins. Total time from check in to leave 4 hours 45 mins.

Mick Flynn Images said...

Graham, did you send your driver with it, and was he paid to wait?