Saturday 31 October 2009


I delivered in Pennsylvania and got my message to head empty to Brampton, Ontario. I was still making my way there when I got my reload message, load in London, Ontario Wednesday and deliver in Winnipeg Friday, but the best part was I was going "in transit" through USA, saving a lot of time and hard driving through northern Ontario. This was only the second time I had crossed "The Mackinac Bridge" into the northern peninsula, it's a beautiful part of the country with breathtaking views across the great lakes.The bridge itself is quite spectacular, driving right at the edge with only a small barrier between you and a large dive into the cold waters. The left lane is not asphalt but metal mesh that you can see through, and all this at only 20mph speed limit for loaded trucks.
I made my delivery on Friday morning, back to the yard empty dropped my trailer and bob tailed to Penner Performance where they are doing a 3 axle alignment ready for me to leave again Sunday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell dave you have a right life mate!!! Beutiful scenery and death defying bridges to cross lol
Dont think looking though the mesh as you driveing over the bridge would make my ring piece to happy!!!
Safe driving fella, from a blustery wet yorkshire.
Roland

Unknown said...

man you got it easy running back thought the Us.I have only every done that once when i was at yanke and i think i was emt take care mate speak to you soon

Dave Caldwell said...

Roland, it does look a bit scary but it's not too bad.
That's only the second time I have come in transit Garren.

Unknown said...

I had a transit back in the UK but couldn`t get any women to go in the back of it so not been as lucky as you mate lol