Saturday 30 May 2009

Orientation completed for Penner International but still no passport so stuck in Canada, that's been almost three weeks now.
Andy, my boss, got his wife Donna to come to the house this week just to drop off my pay cheque (or check depending on where you are from) which I thought was great considering my pay is not due till tomorrow.
I double checked everything and discovered I was $10 short paid in my out of pocket expenses, a scale ticket. No worries wait till next pay period maybe he only pays it once a month so I will not even mention it.
I was sitting on the decking today in the sun when Andy came to the door to apologise for short paying me and handed me a $10 bill, you could have blown me down, I knew he was a nice guy but to go out of his way to pay me the $10 was something I didn't expect.
He also apologised that the truck was not left as clean as when I left it lol, looked ok to me when I put my gear back in it this morning.
Things seem to be working out ok here but can't really tell till I get my passport back and can start running full tilt.
Leaving tomorrow with a delivery in Medicine Hat Ab Monday morning, all you ex army will probably know where that is!!

6 comments:

mickfly said...

If you stop at the husky in Med Hat, there is free internet at the motel next to it...have fun on your run.
Drive safe.

Dave Caldwell said...

Yeah, used that a few times Mick. I will either be in Medicine Hat or Swift Current, depends what time I get my trailer to leave.

Neil and Jayne Woods said...

Watch out for the Goffers Dave.

Dave Caldwell said...

Thanks for the advice mate, too busy picking ticks off before I go to bed to worry about anything else!!

Ian T said...

hmnm is the picture your new truck then Red White & Blue....making a statement by any chance!

Dave Caldwell said...

Yes it is Ian, beats the green ones lol