Wednesday 3 December 2008

Ok now I am liberty to tell who it is, I have made my decision, well had it made for me actually.
My truck is still off the road and I haven't made a cent since Friday.
Today I was to return for a second interview at 10.00. I arrived a little early to find out that I hadn't been booked in to meet the owner and he was already in a meeting. I left after being asked to return at 11.00. On my return I was met by Ian who conducted the first interview and he led me back to his office. We started completing some paperwork and when he gave me the application form for the benefits package I had to stop him, "Ian, are you able to tell me if I have been successful with the interview?". "Yes, I told you I wanted you here". "So can you tell me when my start date is?". "Yes, it's the 3rd December". "But that's today!". "That's correct, we may as well start orientation while you are here, no point in wasting time is there?". "erm, no".
So that was pretty much the way I started at "Jade Transport" http://www.jadetransport.com/
Little did Ian know that it was Sue's day off work and she was sitting outside in the car waiting to go out for lunch and do a bit of shopping. I had to go for a drugs and alcohol test so that was my chance to drop Sue off at the mall and then pick her up again at 5.00
Got orientation for next 2 days then should get allocated my truck. Then I will spend a couple of days on local work with a senior driver and then it's on the road again.

8 comments:

Graham Parks said...

hee hee.... 10 points for me coz i knew the company name etc.
Well at least a beer you tight bugger,,are you going on the asphalt div or long haul food div ??? Im home tonight as i am every day so give a buzz..

Anonymous said...

Well done on the new job Dave,
had a look at there web site, it looks a tidy set up there and a nice cream job on the tankers,
keep us all posted with some pics and tales once you back on the long haul stuff.
Best of luck with it
Cheers
Neal

Dave Caldwell said...

Congratulations Graham lol, will call you at the weekend.

Dave Caldwell said...

Thanks Neal, hope to get allocated my truck this week and will get some pics for you.

Anonymous said...

Dave
Congrats on the now job. don't know a lot about trucks' but reads better than other sites you have posted. Pity about the return to the long haul, but think of it this way.

It will allow fish stocks to improve and the local wild life can come off the valium :)

happy christmas to You Sue and the boys.. just in case I miss the last posting date here.

Ian T

Dave Caldwell said...

Thans Ian, I have been impressed with what I have seen at the company so far but time will tell.

Chris said...

Well done with the new job Dave.
They look like a good set up from their website.
Any luck with the hunting?
Chris.

Dave Caldwell said...

Thanks Chris, they seem like a very good outfit so far. No didn't have any luck hunting and deer season is finished till next year.