Sunday 16 November 2008

16th November 2008

Still haven't had any luck on my hunting trips although Jason got a nice Doe on Friday evening. As we are not allowed to hunt on Sundays in this part of Manitoba I decided a little bit of practice would be good with a new gun. I was getting a nice grouping at 200 yards after small adjustments on my scope, so quite happy with that.
It has been snowing lightly for most of the day here and they are forecasting temperatures of 13c below freezing tonight. Roads could be a little slick in the morning.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave don't forget the end with the hole is where the bullet comes out from...... you are pointing the correct way?

Trkrjim said...

what type of rifle did you get?

Dave Caldwell said...

I think so but not sure 0)

Dave Caldwell said...

Jim, I got a Tikka T3 lite in .270wsm calibre

Martin said...

If you're really really really bored one day Dave, call me on the Skype and I'll talk you through some Marksmanship Principals!!! LOL ;-))

Dave Caldwell said...

A grouping of less than an inch at 200 yards is pretty good but always willing to learn 8) Guns have come a long way since the SLR or GPMG you know!!!

Martin said...

The Lee Enfield 303 brings back some memories, although it was only in cadets that I fired it!!

1 inch @ 200 yards??? I'll be calling you for some tips!! LOL

Dave Caldwell said...

Martin I think the squares on the target were 2" so that should have been a grouping of 2" @ 200 yards.
Never fired the 303, before my time ;0)

Trkrjim said...

270 wsm is a nice cartridge, flat long range and not to much kick. I used a 30.06 for awhile and it bruised me up pretty good. it was a pretty light weight rifle though. here in Iowa it's shotgun for deer but rifles are OK for varmits. I have a Ruger M77 in 25.06 for coyotes and it is pretty sweet. Happy Hunting

Dave Caldwell said...

Thanks Jim, I am pleased with it and it shoots good straight out the box. Trigger is very sweet.