Friday 17 October 2008

17th October 2008


New job has started off well, with more miles in my first 3 days than I had got in a full week at Hytek. The work is very similar but just going further with deliveries and pick ups. I am driving a 2007 Western Star pulling a 2004 Wilson, hopper bottom trailer. The truck is limited to 68 mph on the cruise and 72 mph on the pedal. I also collected my first pay cheque this week which was a little encouraging, difficult to tell how it Will work out as I started in the middle of the week and in the middle of a pay period but the miles have been good so far.
The same week I left Hytek there were also another 2 drivers left and 1 that went off sick, don't think he will be going back either. Not bad for a company with only 8 grain trucks, 50% of their drivers gone in 1 week!!
Jason and I were putting my boat in storage last weekend and had a bit of a disagreement, look what happened to my eye. Ok my disagreement wasn't with Jason but with a boat that decided it didn't want to climb a ridge on the floor in the barn and bounced back. The winch then decided it didn't want to stay still either and unwound at warp speed and caught me on the head and eye. I had to spend the rest of Saturday lying down with ice packs and pain killers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it wasn't a Celtic football club rep Dave?? :-)

Glad the miles are working out. Western Star hey, nice truck. You got any pictures of the waggon?

Andy

Dave Caldwell said...

Haha the bang on the head wasn't hard enough for me to think that.
Will get you some pictures for next week if I remember!!!

Anonymous said...

Admit it Dave....Sue clocked you one! IW

Dave Caldwell said...

loll, ok ok I admit it, I said the wrong thing again.

Anonymous said...

So you told the wife you wanted to go fishing again, and she smacked you lol.

Dave Caldwell said...

You guys are all correct but you can tell her lol.