Wednesday 18 July 2007

18th July 2007



Thought it was about time I updated this while I have a little time. My head is going round in circles and my feet still haven't touched the floor since I arrived last week. Training ready for my Class 1 test, house hunting, seeing realtor's, mortgage advisers, banks, I don't know whether I am coming or going. Plenty of houses on the market but it's finding one that is suitable. The one in the pic is one I seen on Tuesday but the basement isn't completely finished so still needs working on.
Sale of our house in England was completed on Tuesday and money in the bank, now I can buy a car and house hunt in earnest. They reckon when I find a house you can move in within 3 or 4 weeks.
What I wasn't prepared for was how much I would miss Sue and the boys. It was a big decision to leave all our families and I miss them all but I have only been gone 1 1/2 weeks and finding it tough without them. The sooner I find somewhere for us to live the sooner I can get them over with me. Gary has been a star and helped his mum with everything, even taking time off work to do it. They are now staying at Sue's dads in a 2 bedroom flat with the dog.
Driving test tomorrow and I think I am about ready so, here goes!!!!

1 comment:

La Sábana Santa said...

Dave, I don't really know how I got here but I kept on reading anyway. I'm an argentinian girl/woman who's trying to avoid studying by all means. I've got a very difficult Geography test tomorrow, but I find your "moving to Canada" story more interesting and amusing than the weather, the winds, etc. in here.
I don't know why I'm even writing this, I guess I felt "touched" by what you're going through, 'cause more or less the same happened to me.
I wish you and your family the best of lucks, I really hope you get together very soon.