Friday 21 October 2011

6531 miles, 11 days

The snow capped Rockies.










Bad time for my air con to give up.

My tour of  the western States and Provinces started out with a delivery south of Portland Oregon on the Tuesday morning so leaving on Saturday gave me plenty of time. An uneventful trip across the mountains seen me at my delivery Monday early evening and by late afternoon I was reloaded in Kent, Washington and on my way to Calgary.
A different route across The Rockies this time seen me dropping my trailer in Calgary Wednesday evening and with no reload yet it was time to have a break and reset my hours.
Leaving early Friday morning I was on my way to Medicine hat with an empty to switch trailers and deliver in Lawton, Oklahoma Monday morning.
I arrived in Lawton Sunday evening and as I already had my reload details thought I would try my hand and get unloaded early......it worked, so on my way to Houston, Texas to load Monday morning.
Just before noon I was at the plant in Houston loading and left at 3pm with a load going back to Medicine Hat.
After a chat with dispatch about my available hours it was decided I should just bring it back to Steinbach so back home again by Wednesday evening for a couple of days off.

No comments: