Tuesday 25 August 2009








I am going to be pretty busy when I get home so thought I would get everything up to date now.

This week there was a dead bear on the highway at the end of our drive, looks like it had been hit by a vehicle. The next day the dogs were in the bush barking and going mad, they came back and sat on the porch and it was then that Sue saw why, they had found another bear, this time alive, and obviously scared it had climbed a tree to get away from them. Once everything had quietened down again the bear sloped off into the bush. Craig also seen a deer in our drive one morning when leaving for work.

Sue also got me a permit today to allow me to cut down trees for firewood, so I got the permit, got the chainsaw, got the axe, got the checked shirt just got to get the rest of the gear (watch the video).

5 comments:

mickfly said...

I don't think those boys used chainsaws, they just swung their handbags at the trees!
Certainly couldn't beat the wildlife over there Dave, and the amount of roadkill, especially deer was unbelievable, although in the time we were driving there I only managed to clip the arse of one deer as it was the last of a pack running across the road.
Drive safe.

BOB said...

hello Dave better take a gun with you then you dont want to be cutting a tree down and ther is a bear behine you as it was so cloes to the house this week. have a safe one mate..

Dave Caldwell said...

Was out there all day with my gun and my handbag, didn't see any bears but then I didn't chop down many trees either, lol

Anonymous said...

Always wondered about you dressing in womens clothing Dave, now we know why! :)

Take care all, IW & Co.

Dave Caldwell said...

Secretis out now Iain lol