Saturday 13 September 2008

13th September 2008





I have now completed my 4 month probationary period at Hytek and now have full benefits package and pension, it's a good pension I pay 4% and the company match it. I also got my voucher for $225 of Pork products, we get this twice a year. It's a little late for bbq season this year but the next one will be good timing.
This weeks fishing trip was an evening trip to Lockport for those Red River Catfish again. This was the first time Jenn had come catfishing and that both boats were out together on the river. While the rest of us were still setting up Jenn was into the first fish of the evening, look how happy she was.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok silly question I suspect but what do you do with the fish after you have cought them?

ian T

Dave Caldwell said...

The catfish are all returned Ian. The odd decent sized Pike or Walleye will be kept and cooked fresh.

Anonymous said...

Nice one Dave, congratulations on your successful probation!!

Looks like your company treats you really well. You seem to do more fishing than driving...

Is the money better with them than it was with Big freight?

Cheers

Andy

Dave Caldwell said...

Hi Andy, I was always under the impression that was the way it should be, more fishing than work, lol. Remember "Work to live not live to work".
They do treat us well but the money is always about the same as Big Freight, if not then I would move on again. The main difference is because I am home a lot I am not spending $100-$200 a pay period for the privellage of living in a truck.

Anonymous said...

That's a great fish dave did you buy it from your local fishmonger ?

Dave Caldwell said...

Cost me a fortune it did!!!!