Thursday 3 July 2008

3rd July 2008



MORE GOOD NEWS
After a very slow start to the week at work and then all the excitement at gaining permanent residency yesterday it just keeps getting better. Gary received his passport request from Canadian Immigration today so in a couple of weeks time we will all have permanent resident status.
I collected a load of barley from a farm this morning, nothing unusual about that, but this farm had it's own grass landing strip and is currently very busy with small planes that are spraying crops for the farmers. I was in this farm for less than 1 hour and 3 planes took off to go about their business.

2 comments:

Montedarlo said...

Hi Dave, congrats with the PR.
The main reason I write is that since the fiasco with Big Freight your blog is now full of pics of you and your family having fun and socializing and only a few of work related stuff.
If you ask me BF did you a great favour, soak it all up mate and good luck for the future.
Best wishes,Phil

Dave Caldwell said...

Thanks Phil
It really feels like I am getting my life back. Please don't take this the wrong way and respect to the guys that do long haul but I had no social life, my whole life revovlved around work and even on my time off it was all about what, where and even when I was going next. That was no life for my family. I would still do it all over again if I had to.
Take care mate.
Dave.