Monday 5 September 2011

3762 miles, 7 days.

Hwy 17 road closure.


Close to Toronto Airport

This has to go down as one of the hardest trips I have had for a long time. Nothing went right from the very beginning. I soon found out a nice steady drive to Gloversville, NY after loading in Portage La Prairie was going to be a hard run as the load was clearing customs at Buffalo. That meant a 2 day drive across Northern Ontario, a road I know extremely well and travel regularly but the same amount of miles takes at least half a day longer. Add on top of that 2 separate road closures due to crashes and now I am pushed for time.
The load got delivered at the planned time and it all turned out ok, my reload was only that afternoon from Hazleton, Pa going back to Brampton, On.
I really feared that my return to Steinbach was going to be via Hwy 17 again but due the the holiday weekend loads were scarce and they sent me empty to Chicago to pick a load and return to Steinbach.
Apart from the fierce thunderstorms the return was fairly uneventful.
Two nights at home then leaving Tuesday to load in Dryden and deliver somewhere in Wisconsin.

1 comment:

Tony T said...

O yes I like that snap of the car...TT