Friday 8 July 2011

2895 miles 7 days

The Rockies

Hwy 1 across The Rockies

The Rockies

Camping in style
Not one of my better trips. This one took a couple of days longer than it normally would. I arrived in Vancouver Sunday afternoon ready for my delivery first thing Monday morning, the truck had coughed and spluttered a couple of times coming over the mountains,  I had a heavy load but noticed a slight loss in power.
It took an hour to unload and I already had received my reload details, only 1km away and going to Calgary.
It took the rest of the day until 3.30pm local time to get loaded which really messed up my day. I drove that night till 9.00pm and gave up for the night ready to tackle the mountains again the next day but with only half the weight on this time.
The truck got progressively worse and it was decided by Andy and I to get it booked into a shop in Calgary.
Not much luck on that score either, no one could look at it till around lunch time on Wednesday. It eventually came out the shop at 9.00pm with a new wiring harness fitted, hopefully that has done the trick.
The week ended with a load out of Calgary the next morning with deliveries in Brandon and Winnipeg then bob tail home.
Got home this afternoon and leave again tomorrow morning going to DeKalb, Illinois.

2 comments:

Mick Flynn Images said...

Shame about the problems, but a nice scenic run in the Western half.
Drive safe.

Dave Caldwell said...

It made a nice change doing it in summer Mick.