Sunday 24 October 2010





Finally left on Friday with a load from Winnipeg to Frederick, Oklahoma for delivery on Monday. Got my reload message on Sunday, a loaded trailer in Lawton, Oklahoma to go to Medicine Hat, Alberta.
After dropping my trailer in Medicine Hat I had to take an empty from there to Calgary and next day a load from Calgary to Saskatoon and then home from there empty. 4100 miles and gone for a week.
Lots of cotton in the fields waiting for harvesting down in Texas and Oklahoma.
I think I should sell my guns and take up hunting with the truck, I have more luck. Got a nice grouse this week that wanted a ride to Canada, stayed on my windscreen for about 10 miles.
Went to see Mike Blair in Lockport last night, /http://rafterb.wordpress.com/.
Met Mike when we moved house last year and have kept in touch with him, we like his music and the show that the band put on, some good live music if you like country.
A little quadding today with Jason and Jenn then work again tomorrow.

4 comments:

Mick Flynn Images said...

Followed the link, nice tunes, thanks dave.
Drive safe.

Dave Caldwell said...

They put on a good show too Mick. They really enjoy themselves on stage. They have played at Calgary Stampede the last 2 years and are booked again for next year.

Chris said...

Hope you cooked the bird up for dinner yummy!

Dave Caldwell said...

No it fell off before I found somewhere to stop lol