Thursday 31 January 2008

31st January 2008



Started heading to Texas on Friday morning and by Saturday afternoon I had left bitter cold temperatures of -45 with wind chill far behind and was basking in the warmth of the winter sun in southern Oklahoma and Texas on Sunday.
Tipped on Monday morning and got a sattelite message to head to Houston, Texas. Loaded in Houston Monday afternoon to tip Calgary, Alberta on Friday.
I am now sitting in Swift Current, saskatchewan running short on my hours so limping on towards Calgary tomorrow. I have enough hours left tomorrow to tip and pick up a loaded trailer in our Calgary drop yard then need 36 hours off to reset before heading for Colorado.
The middle picture is a statue of Sam Houston, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Houston , at the side of I45 between Houston and Dallas. This is the largest statue of an American figure.

No comments: